The countdown is ticking for the Open Calls for the Roots & Seeds XXI project.
Deadline for the support to the creation of two artworks and for the research residency is February 15th.
Full guidelines and application forms: www.rootsandseedsxxi.eu/open-call
In the meantime, we are delighted to announce our international Juries.
> JURY for the Research Residency that will take place at the Malina House in Paris (April 2022) with the assistance of Annick Bureaud, Director of Leonardo/Olats:
– Roger Malina, Astronomer, Executive Editor of the Leonardo publications at MIT Press, President of Leonardo/Olats (France)
– Ramuntcho Matta, Artist, Founder and Director of Lizières Cultural and Resource center (France)
– Victoria Vesna, Artist (USA)
– Claudia Schnugg, Curator and Researcher in Art-Science (Austria)
– Oriane Hidalgo, Botanist, Botanical Institute of Barcelona (Spain)
– Annick Bureaud, Art Critic, Curator and Director of Leonardo/Olats (France)
– Tatiana Kourochkina, Director of Quo Artis Foundation (Spain)
The two-week « MM Residencies » offer time and a space for reflection, meetings and exchanges without any production obligations. The selected participant will receive a grant of 1.400€, and travel costs will additionally be covered.
> JURY for the support to the creation of two artworks
– Valentino Catricalà, curator at SODA Gallery Manchester and lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University (IT/UK)
– Lucio Montecchio, Researcher and Professor of Forest Pathology at the University of Padova and member of the Board of the Botanical Garden of Padova (IT)
– Aliya Sakhariyeva, Art historian, Director of the Art & Science Center and Master Degree Program, ITMO University (KZ/RU)⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Vid Simoniti, Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Liverpool, Director of MA in Art, Aesthetics and Cultural Institutions (SI/UK)
– Nicola Triscott, Curator, co-founder of Arts Catalyst and the director of FACT Liverpool (UK)
The Jury will select 2 projects that will be awarded:
– Artwork Production up to 12.500€ (artist fee included)
– Artwork Production up to 5.500€ (artist fee included)
This Open Call will support two artwork productions for art & science projects that address the biodiversity crisis (focused on the botanical world), and do so in direct collaboration with scientific professionals and/or institutions.
Projects must be completed in a maximum period of 12 months, starting in May 2021, and the resulting works will be exhibited at Ars Electronica Festival (September 2022). Successful applicants will also benefit from other “Roots & Seeds XXI” international events.
The Production amounts exclude VAT which will also be paid by the award.
– R&S Partners
@unibarcelona in collab with @ibb_botanic
With the support of Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
We are very much looking forward to reading your proposals!